To all my design friends who struggle with writing high converting copy, this one is for you. Writing great copy isn’t about your creative writing abilities or fluency of language, rather it’s about having a conversation with your customers. If you learn how to ask your customers the right questions, and listen to their stories, you will become a much better copywriter.
Here are the key points to remember:
- Every conversion is a conversation.
- Make sure you are answering your customer questions logically.
- Look for your customer’s motivation. Ask why.
- Customers write better copy than marketers.
- You want your customer’s experience and not their opinion.
- You are not your customer.
Enjoy the video
— UX Balkan (@UXBalkan) September 7, 2017
Thank you to the UXBelgrade team for inviting me to share my experience, and thank you to the design community for welcoming me with open arms. Thank you also to my co-presenters, Ryan Murphy and Austin Knight for sharing their successes and being lovely friends on stage.